Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired (TSBVI)
Announcements, News & Current Events
- Online Nemeth Braille Input / Output Using Content MathML, by Samuel S. Dooley, Susan Osterhaus, Dan Brown, Edgar Lozano and Su H. Park, won the Web For All 2016 TPG Web Accessibility Challenge Judges Award! Congratulations, team!
- Don't miss this event! 2016 Texas Focus Conference will be held on June 17th and 18th at the Arlington Hilton Hotel in Arlington, TX. Registration is now open. Special keynote speakers include Carol Kranowitz, author of The Out-of-Sync Child, the popular book on sensory integration dysfunction written for parents and educators and Dr. Lotfi Merabet, Associate Professor of Ophthalmology,The Laboratory for Visual Neuroplasticity, Harvard Medical School discussing scientific evidence regarding the relationship between the brain and behavior in individuals with visual impairments. This event also includes over fifteen speakers with presentations on a wide variety of topics. Registration and travel assistance is available to families of Texas students with visual impairments or deafblindness.
- Space Camp for Interested Visually Impaired Students (SCIVIS) Registration is OPEN!
- H-E-B announces the availability of talking prescription labels for customers who are blind or visually impaired.
- Skyward Family Access, a web-based method for parents to access their student's school information, is now available!
- FYI - from our friends at American Foundation for the Blind (AFB): H.R. 3535 The Alice Cogswell and Anne Sullivan Macy Act Introduced
- The Texas Unified English Braille Transition Plan has been released. (Posted 08/25/15)
- 2015-2016 School Calendar in Word and PDF formats.
- Sordoceguera_Información en Español
For additional articles and resources that have been featured on our home page, visit the Home Page Archive.