Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired (TSBVI)
Announcements, News & Current Events
- Thanksgiving Holiday: November 23 through November 27. Have a wonderful, safe week!
- AccessWorld 2015 Accessible Holiday Gift Guide: From Free to Extravagant, Something for Everyone on Your List Great gift ideas for your friend or loved one who is blind or visually impaired from the folks at AFB.
- The DIAGRAM Center is conducting a brief, anonymous survey to track trends in how people with print disabilities obtain and access reading materials electronically. It is designed to take no more than 15 minutes and is intended for people with print disabilities. The answers we receive will help us focus our research and development efforts on the most widely used reading tools and digital reading materials. Even if you aren't able to take the survey, you can help us by sending it to your contacts. The more responses we get, the more impact we can have! The survey is located at https://www.surveymonkey.com/
- FYI - from our friends at AFB: H.R. 3535 The Alice Cogswell and Anne Sullivan Macy Act Introduced
- Susan Osterhaus quoted at ScientificComputing.com - Talking Scientific Calculator Breaks Down Barriers for Visually Impaired (Posted 09/02/15)
- The Texas Unified English Braille Transition Plan has been released. (Posted 08/25/15)
- From the Washington Post, WebAIM Launches "Teaching Accessibility" site in observance of the 25th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- 2015-2016 School Calendar in Word and PDF formats.
- Sordoceguera_Información en Español
For additional articles and resources that have been featured on our home page, visit the Home Page Archive.