"We are all here to learn with our peers. Let us celebrate our similarities and our differences. Let us respect other cultures, religions, and languages. At our beginning, many were given little chance but due to the people in our lives, we find ourselves in a wonderful place with wonderful people. Let us flourish in our learning, find joy in our experiences and remember our friends and knowledge we gained at Space Camp." -- Dan Oates
Camp dates for 2016, Sept. 24-29, 2016 !! (travel home the 30th)
Program Costs: ALL PROGRAMS except Advanced $795 (Camp, Academy, Mach I, II, III) (PRICE CHANGE)
Program Cost for Advanced Academy $895 (PRICE CHANGE)
2016 Northrop Grumman Scholarship Application closed Deadline: April 1, 2016
2016 Delta Gamma SCIVIS Scholarship Form MS Word document (40k) Deadline May 2, 2016
Adult Space Camp Registration Sept. 30 - Oct. 2, 2016 Cost: $499.00
NASA Internships, Fellowships, and Scholarships (NIFS) at http://intern.nasa.gov/. Summer 2016 internships run from early June until early August for college students and from late June until early August for high school students. All student interns get paid.
- SCIVIS 2015 Photos
- SCIVIS 2015 Graduation video Thanks to Vincent Vazzo (Space Camp Hall of Fame - 2007) for recording and posting this!
- SCIVIS 2014 Photos
- SCIVIS 2014 entire Graduation Video Huge Thanks to Vincent Vazzo for recording and posting this!
- Why attend Space Camp? - Kate's Story
- WAAY TV Newscast about SCIVIS 24 Sept. 2012
- SCIVIS Attendance Survey
- YouTube of a Heidi Jackson singing her original song about space. She will be attending SCIVIS in the fall. The lyrics are included on the YouTube page.
- A chance to Reach for the Stars
- SCIVIS video from AMI Sports Access Show in Canada. Filmed at 2013 SCIVIS
- Article from WonderBaby.org by students who attended SCIVIS
- Nic Boone, from Australia, attended SCIVIS in '99 and '00 is getting his Ph.D. in Astronomy. He is talking about his experiences at SCIVIS on YouTube.
- 2013 Photo Site
- NASA Podcast of SCIVIS 2011 Advanced Academy web conference with professional at NASA who are visually impaired. Contact Jim Allan if you want a disk version of the NASA Podcast.
- Interview about Space Camp, the movie A Smile a Wide as Big as the Moon, with 2 former SCVIS student and Dan
- **SCIVIS makes cover of Space Camp Program Guide**
- SCIVIS discussion group formed (Chaperones only)
- SCIVIS in the News Updated for 2011
- A week long camp that takes place at the US Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama
- Coordinated by teachers of the visually impaired
- Accessible; computers used by students in the Space Camp Programs have been adapted for speech and large print output; materials and equipment used during missions are available in braille and large print
- Participatory - students participate fully (each student is screened based on their eye medical condition --limitations may be placed on some)
SCIVIS is actually 4 separate programs.
- Space Camp
- Space Academy
- Advanced Academy focus on space travel.
- Aviation Challenge.