A Quarterly Newsletter For Families And Professionals On Visual Impairments And Deafblindness. A collaborative effort of the Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired and Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services, Division for Blind Services.
Participate in our survey!
We rely on our readers to help us continually improve the TX SenseAbilities newsletter and provide fresh, relevant articles to our readers. Please take a moment to complete our brief survey in English or Spanish.
Request TX SenseAbilities, a quarterly newsletter on issues related to students with visual impairment and deafblindness, available in print, on the web, in podcast, and in braille. If you would like to have a copy mailed to you download and complete the subscription form (MS Word - 38k) (Note: Paper copies are free to Texas families of students with visual impairments, including deafblindness. If you are not a Texas family and would like a paper copy mailed to you, there is a $10 annual subscription fee.)
- Fall/Winter 2015 Individual Articles
- Spring/Summer 2015 Individual Articles
- Fall/Winter 2014 Individual Articles
- Spring/Summer 2014 Individual Articles
- Summer 2013 Volume 7 No. 3 Publication (647 kb PDF)
- Spring 2013 Volume 7 No. 2 Publication (900 kb PDF)
- Winter 2013 Volume 7 No. 1 Publication (1 mb PDF)
- Fall 2012 Volume 6 No. 4 (14 mb)
- Summer 2012 Volume 6 No. 3 (1.1 mb)
- Spring 2012 Volume 6 No. 2 (1.2 mb)
- Winter 2012 Volume 6 No. 1 (1.4 mb)
- Fall 2011 Volume 5 No. 4 (1.4 mb)
- Summer 2011 Volume 5 No. 3 (1mb)
- Spring 2011 Volume 5 No. 2 (8mb)
- Winter 2011 Volume 5, No. 1 (940kb)
- Fall 2010 Volume 4, No. 3 (780kb)
- Spring/Summer 2010 Volume 4, No. 2
- Winter 2010 Volume 4, No. 1
- Fall 2009 Volume 3, No. 4
- Summer 2009 Volume 3, No. 3
- Spring 2009 Volume 3, No. 2
- Winter 2009 Volume 3, No. 1
- Fall 2008 Volume 2, No. 4
- Spring/Summer 2008 Volume 2, No. 3
- Winter 2008 Volume 2, No. 1
- Fall 2007 Volume 1, No. 3
- Summer 2007 Volume 1, No. 2
- Spring 2007 Volume 1, No. 1
Published quarterly: February, May, August, and November
Available in Spanish and English on this website.
Contributions to the newsletter can be mailed to TSBVI Outreach, 1100 West 45th Street, Austin, Texas 78756 or emailed to section editors.
December 1st for the Winter edition
March 1st for the Spring edition
June 1st for the Summer edition
September 1st for the Fall edition
The audio version of TX SenseAbilities is provided by Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic, Austin, Texas
This project is supported by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP). Opinions expressed herein are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the position of the U.S. Department of Education. The Outreach Programs are funded in part by IDEA-B Formula, and IDEA-D Deaf-Blind Federal grants. Federal funds are administered through the Texas Education Agency, Division of Special Education, to the Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired. Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.